Sunday, September 2, 2012

Survived the Summer

It's been a hot one, that's for sure. Between the heat, the humidity, and the pop-up thunderstorms that periodically knocked out power, I think I am probably not alone in being grateful that summer is coming to a close and the temperatures have started to come down a little.
 
I was out for a jog the other day and saw that a few leaves were starting to change colors! Given that my mantra for the summer is to "survive until the fall," I found this to be a very hopeful sign and was ecstatic.
 
Despite the heat, though, things have still been going well. In the last 30 days, I've gotten slightly more than 100 miles under my belt. I'm feeling stronger all the time. And I even signed up for a 10K in October. Hopefully I'll be able to run that distance all at once by that time!

No comments:

Post a Comment